Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why Should You Listen to Me?

With all the excellent trainers and awesome fitness advise that is available, why the heck should you listen to me? I'm not famous, yet. At 50 years old I can honestly say:

I have never been on a diet.
I love chocolate. I also love broccoli.
I'm not a tee-totaler, but I keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.
I don't care for wine. I prefer Coors Light or Jack Daniels and ginger ale.
I don't eat as much as I want - that's crazy talk!
I have never needed to lose weight.
I weigh less than I did in high school.
I wear a smaller size pants than I did in high school.
I still proudly wear a bikini.
I hope you don't think I'm bragging.
I have a unique perspective that might inspire you.
I don't spend hours and hours at the gym.
I exercise in my home gym about 3 - 4 hours a week.
I don't necessarily like lifting weights, but I like the results.
I like functional training that will keep me young and vital well into the future.
I am my own guinea pig.
I'm performing an experiment on myself to see just how healthy I can be at the age of 90.
I've never had children, but I admire and honor the women who do.
I love helping moms be good role models for their children.
I love helping baby-boomers get strong and stay strong.
I love inspiring young people to strive for life-long fitness.
I love proving to people that age is just a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment