Saturday, January 1, 2011

When Did the Choices Get So Hard?

"When did the choices get so hard?
So much more at stake...
Life gets mighty precious
When there's less of it to waste."


Bonnie Raitt's lyrics in "The Nick of Time" have been going through my head these days. It seems like everything is getting harder, the older I get. The choices are more difficult and come with bigger consequences. Since 9/11 and The Second Big Recession, it seems like there is so much more fear in my own life and in the lives of people everywhere. In my case, the fear of running out of time doesn't have anything to do with having children or finding a man. It has to do with running out of time to accomplish something great in my life coupled with the fear of never being financially secure. Will I ever reach a larger audience? Will I find my voice so I can use it to inspire millions? Will I run out of time with my song still inside me? Will I have a legacy? Is there any such thing as retirement or is that just an unrealistic fantasy?

No comments:

Post a Comment